Routine Care and Maintenance Series
Tips for Enjoying Marvin and Integrity Products
Removing Labels From Glass:
New Marvin windows and doors will bear a Marvin label. Labels and adhesive residue should be removed from glass as soon as possible after installation.
- Soak the label thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). Rub the alcohol into the label with a gentle motion until the adhesive and label are removed.– OR –
- Soak the label thoroughly with acetone (nail polish remover) and peel the label off after a few minute
- Do not remove labels when exposed to direct sunlight.
- Cleaning agents must not come in contact with weatherstrip or finishes, as damage may result.
- Use of razor blades or knives is not recommended on any coated glass such as Low E II. However, if paint or other construction residue cannot be removed from any non-coated glass surface with normal cleaning, a new 1″ razor blade may need to be used on small areas only! Scraping should be done in one direction only. Never scrape in a back and forth motion, this will only trap debris under the blade and permanently scratch the glass.
WARNING: Do not use scrapers for cleaning glass. Glass scratched by a scraper is not covered under the Marvin Window and Door warranty.
Download the most up to date copies of the Marvin and Integrity Owner’s Manuals along with other great resources from marvin.com/support or by clicking the images below.